Skip to main content

Pretty polishes on a budget



Today I wanted to compare three different brands of polish that were similar in color. The first one is by Pixi called Very Violet. It sells for eight dollars a bottle. The one in the middle is from Sinful Colors called Dream On. This one is two dollars and it looked very similar to the Pixi, almost a perfect match, but I had to add a clear coat to give it the shine that the Pixi already had. The third one is made by LA Colors, it's called Electra. This one you can get for a dollar usually. It was a little lighter than the other two, but it required three coats where the others only needed two. You can still get the look of the more expensive polish for less. :)





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Henna Nails

Hi everyone! I really like how these turned out! The stamping plate is 030 by Qgirl. I sponged on the colors using Purple POP and Pink-y Swear from the Salon Perfect Neon POP colors. Then the blues are Sinful Colors, Endless Blue and Broadway Nails, Waterproof. Hope you like it!!

Review of Ya Qin An stamping polish

Hey all my stamping sisters!! Today I wanted to do a review of Ya Qin An stamping polish. I only purchased one, the pink, to see how it worked before I bought more. Well I am a big fan I must say! In the first picture I wanted to show you how well it stamps over black and light colors. As you can see the answer is beautifully!! :) I love when companies put effort into the details! The bottle is a cool square shape and it comes in a white box. This is a nice size bottle too! It's 18ml!  As you can see it picks up wonderfully on the stamper! I was pleasantly surprised and I honestly can not wait to get some more!! If you want some too, I got this from bornprettystore.com . (link below)  http://www.bornprettystore.com/18ml-candy-color-nail-stamping-polish-newly-nail-varnish-stamp-p-21282.html   Use my 10% off code PQL91 as many times as you like !!

Mickey & Minnie

Summer is almost here! Is anyone planning a Disney vacatio n? I used to take my kids there when they were younger, but my youngest son is graduating high school next week! So it's been quite a while since I have got to see Mickey or Minnie Mouse!  I don't think you are ever too old to enjoy the magic of Disney, but for today I just have to enjoy it on my nails!! The red polish in the photo is called Cherry On Top by Sinful Colors from the Kandee Johnson, Vintage Mattes collection . It's the perfect red for any Summertime adventures!!